Anyways, here I am. And this time, I have a plan. See, I have these four dogs (yes, I said four. wait for it....). And these four dogs all require different things from me. They each have their own purpose in my life, personally, and in some cases, professionally. Over the next week, each of them will get a blog post explaining what I mean.
First up is the big, fluffy, black and white, testosterone-laden Elephant in the room, Castiel, since he is new to my life since I stopped blogging last year.
|His favorite trick that he in no way uses to manipulate people|
|First pic I ever saw of him. I wondered why no one had snapped him up yet!|
Plans for Cas... because why not be ambitious?:
- CH, GCh, ultimate goal of a Group Placement and national ranking. Would like to show him at Westminster. Dream goal of winning a specialty and/or something at the BCSA national specialty (BOB, BOS, Select, AOM) that would qualify us to show at Crufts in England.
- Excellent/Elite titles in AKC and NADAC. MACH and/or NATCH. Qualify and compete in AKC or NADAC nationals/champs.
- Become my main "Freestyle Fridays" dog (more info to come later). Possibly compete, but mostly do it for fun.
- CD/CDX in obedience because I really just want to prove that I can do it and that obedience isn't scary. At least an RA in rally.
- At least intermediate titles in AKC/ASCA/AHBA. I'd like to see if he can drive and how much natural ability he as, as a show-bred dog.
- Tracking and Nosework
- I'd like to earn a TD and a level-one Nosework title.
- Disc Dog
- I am just learning about this sport, but my dogs go CRAZY for it and I would love to learn more and maybe compete on a local/regional level.
...but not necessarily in that order ;). Basically, I just want to play around and enjoy life with him. Experience different sports and find something we both love to do together. I am a big proponent of cross-training with our dogs, even if you have one main sport you focus on. I think it makes them happier, more engaged, and better able to deal with a variety of situations.
Regardless of how many of these goals we actually achieve, I'm sure we will have a blast trying. I will be using this blog as a training journal part of the time to help document our progress. Of course, lots of videos, pictures, and introspection will be found.
Next up.... my right hand man, my sun and stars.... Ember. Stay tuned.